Songbook - © Dave Bish | thebluefish.org.uk

Album 12 This Might Be Fatal

01 [ IN VISION (LIVING IN DARKNESS) 10.04.01 ]

Are you still living in darkness
Are the pictures still showing in black and white
Time to change the screens and live life in full colour
The way things were meant to be

02 [ THIS IS ME 15.04.01 ]

Tonight I lay my soul bare and I’m not sure why
No-one’s listening I just have to say these things now
No-one knows my motives pure or impure
So are you listening, are you listening, this is me
Nobody talks to a stranger these days
We take every precaution to preserve our isolation
We will not be silent this is our voice
Singing loud and clear, its loud and clear, did you hear
This morning I stand and I wait
Ever notice how nobody seems to notice at all
Ever feel like you’re just watching the world
As it happens around you, happens around you, did you see

03 [ KING OF THE WORLD 10.04.01 ]

Climbed the highest mountain to meet my favourite god
Swam the widest oceans in search of my love
Ran a thousand miles to finish this race
But I don’t have a clue how to live life at all

And who cares while I’m still flying on the crest of this endless wave
I’m king of the world where nobody knows I’m dying
There’s no-one to worry since they left long ago
Won the national lottery and I lost all the money
Preached from the pulpit to world who can’t hear
Bowed down to the people who bought my soul
But I don’t have a clue how to live life at all

04 [ APART 15.04.01 ]

All these days that we’re apart I want to know what you’re thinking
We grew up in different worlds but really are we so different you and I
You make me see things from another perspective in another light
As I sit here alone and look back over the short time that I’ve know you
I see the ways that you’ve helped me so many ways that you’ve opened my eyes
Feel the pain all these days that we’re apart when will these vacant days end
It’s the simple things I miss from the days we spent together just last year
Eating meals together in your house those lonely walks home in the moonlight
The simple things are the important ones all the little things in the day to day
Nuances and behaviours and your smile and heartfelt honesty and pain

05 [ REAP WHAT WE SOW 14.05.01 ]

We reap what we sow, It’s you who makes the seed grow
The time has come to, Plant the seeds of the kingdom of God
To preach the news, Each word with boldness send forth
We believe the news, The people will listen to the salvation of God
Open up the doors, Welcome in those who will come and hear
I long to see , The day when many will come and bow
The name of Jesus, Will be lifted up high in this land

06 [ HARMONY (SHOW ME THE WAY) 11.05.01 ]

Silent faces singing their songs
And running along and along
Nobody knows where
If only I could get inside your mind
Would my life be made easier
I wonder what you’ve been thinking
Is there anyone who thinks
In the same way I do
Shares my perspective on life
Open my eyes, open our eyes
Lead us on to glory in harmony
Open my eyes, open our eyes
Tired of fighting, show me the way

07 [ WAY OF HOLINESS 11.05.01 ]

My feet keep on walking every moment in time
Never stop just keep on moving
Not quite sure where I’m going
I know the way I want to be travelling
On the way that goes against the mainstream
The road is tough not much room for me
About time I died and let my feet move rightly
Decided some time ago to walk the way of holiness
I see eternity beckoning from straight ahead
My companions pressing on up to heaven
Walking with everything to lose and more to be gained
It’s the way of holiness that I chose to follow

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home