Songbook - © Dave Bish | thebluefish.org.uk

Album 23 : Abundant Grace

© Dave Bish, 2003 Music: Dave Bish & Rich Clements, 2003
1. Jesus, King of all the nations! (Matt 1,5,13,28)

Jesus, King of all the nations!
We hear your word,
And by your grace,
We turn to follow you

Emmanuel, God born to be with us
Come to live and to die,
Bringing us to know God

Emmanuel, God of all authority
True teacher of the world,
Calling all to trust in him

Emmanuel, God who reigns
Who was crowned on the Cross,
To save us from our sin

Emmanuel, God with us always
As we go out into this land,
Making disciples of men

© Dave Bish, 2003
2. In Abundant Grace (John 6)

In abundant grace I come, Not because I have deserved
But in the full admission, That I’m guilty as charged
And as we share bread and wine, I see God’s glory revealed
As these symbols declare, The hope of fallen men

His death proclaimed daily, We turn our eyes to his cross
Where the judgment we’ve earned, Fell on God’s most holy one.
This is the Jesus we declare, Heaven’s most high king
Who gave his life to save us, By his death that sets us free

His message is hard to swallow, Great news my heart declines
But for his sufficient grace, That enables me to hear!
Jesus the man from heaven, Speaking the words of life
Expressing the Father’s heart, To those who love the dark

Out of darkness into light, I know Jesus reigns and rules
And his call goes out to repent, As his judgment draws ever near
So leave behind fallen things, And embrace heavens high king
Who bore God’s curse himself, The substitute who gave us life


© Dave Bish, 2003
3. Praise heaven’s true King! (Mark 11-12)

Praise heaven’s true King of grace!
Though he comes to judge
He will give life and cleanse
All who build on this cornerstone

So tarnished by sin our guilt is shown,
And no hope can be found within
Only the power of God can redeem,
By the name of Jesus Christ, our Lord

What can we do but trust by faith,
And give what’s his back to him
Our life to the service of our king,
Proclaiming Jesus Christ, our Lord

© Dave Bish, 2003
4. O, the Father heart of God (Romans 5-8)

O the Father heart of God,
His love most manifest
In the death of Jesus Christ,
Our Saviour, God most high

What joy and precious hope,
To be made pure in his sight
Assured of life undeserved,
When he judges our sin

So we press on each day,
In hardships or great pain
For nothing can separate,
From God the man in Christ

© Dave Bish, 2003
5. Served by the King (Mark)

This is what I need from him,
To be served and receive
That which I cannot gain,
The salvation of my soul

For he came to serve us all,
Purchasing our lives for God
And giving life we cannot earn,
Dying as a ransom for our sin

Now any man can come to him,
For there are none too good
And none are ever too bad,
To welcome the servant king

Praise my soul, the king of heaven
To his feet your tribute bring
For I’ve been ransomed and healed
Restored and forgiven
Who like him your praise shall sing!

I’ll be served by the king; His praises I will sing!

© Dave Bish, 01.09.03
6. This is our salvation (2 Timothy 1)

This is our salvation:
Christ Jesus crucified!
The deposit we’ve been given,
that leaves us unashamed,
The gospel of his glory,
the life we proclaim.

By the coming of Christ Jesus
We’re saved to holy life
By God’s eternal purpose
His most amazing grace

Confident in his gospel
Knowing he will never fail
We guard his glorious message
His most amazing grace

His death for us sufficient
A substitute in our place
Good works cannot save us only
His most amazing grace

© Dave Bish 13.10.03
7. You are God, come to us with life (Ezk)

Enemies of God we sold our souls to sin yet
You washed us clean of our sins stains
Your spirit in us transforming our ways
You’re our God and we’re you’re people

You are God, come to us with life
Living to be your people,
Living to be with you
In the city called: The Lord is There!

Once like a valley of dead bones you breathed
And gave us a new heart and right desires
Called us home and came to live with us
Making us the dwelling place of God

You are God, come to us with life
Living to be your people,
Living to be with you
In the city called: The Lord is There!

Once cut off from each other and from God
You called us together under one King
Lord Jesus rules over those he’s cleansed
Living forever with us your people

© Dave Bish 17.10.03
8. Have mercy on me, a sinner (propitiation)

Have mercy on me, a sinner
I place my faith in Jesus blood
My only hope and my greatest joy

You are slow to anger, abounding in love
Lord how much have we have sinned
To deserve the wrath that Christ bore
Though it was we who roused it
You presented yourself on the cross
So that we might live and not be destroyed

Have mercy on me, a sinner
I place my faith in Jesus blood
My only hope and my greatest joy

You are all powerful, creator destroyer
Lord who could hope to survive
When you bring justice to the world
Against our stubborn hearts
Only by your gracious provision
To take our punishment upon yourself

© Dave Bish, 17.02.04
9. Perfect (Romans 2-3)
Your perfect love, perfect salvation
The guilty can be rescued
By the blood of Jesus
To glorify your name

Your perfect justice, perfect wrath
Sin does not go unpunished
Justice will be done,
To glorify your name

And everyone must answer,
for the life that he has lived
If our plea rested upon us,
we’d die under your wrath
But in your mercy, Jesus
has given us his righteousness

© Dave Bish 17.10.03
10. Life for anyone (John 3 & 4)

He said, you must be born again, let me cleanse your heart,
Let me give you my Spirit, and you’ll enter my kingdom
Believe in me and you’ll never perish

He opened wide the doors of heaven
So anyone can come if they believe
He came to do to bring life for anyone

He said, you must believe in me, hear my message from heaven
Believe in my when I’m lifted up and you’ll have eternal life
Believe in me and you’ll never perish

He said, I’ll give you living water, I know who you are
I know all your sins, believe in me and you’ll live
Believe in me and you’ll never perish

He said, hear my true word, don’t worship at the mountain
Or in the city Jerusalem, believe in me to know God
Believe in me and you’ll never perish

© Dave Bish 17.03.04
11. You gave yourself to save us (Mark 15)
Rejected by the authorities
Not the kind of king they’d expect
They mocked and pitied you

Rejected by the religious
Not the kind of messiah they’d expect
They laughed at your words

Rejected by the people
Not the kind of saviour they’d expect
They called you to save yourself

But, you gave yourself to save us
The true saviour of the world
The true king of the nations
In silence you did your work

© Dave Bish, 09.09.01 [music 14.09.01]
12. Give You My Life

Asus4 G C9 D
Only you are worthy of my praises
G C9 D
Blessing me in the heavenly realms
C Em G D
For you’re the Lord, slow to anger and abounding in love
C Em D
Faithful One, your love endures forever

G D C9
And I will give you my life
D
As a living sacrifice
Em7
I lay myself down
D
At the cross of Jesus Christ
C9 Asus4
Take my life, and take me as I am

You’re rescued me from my sin
Cleansed from within
Nothing I can repay
All you have done for me
I receive your grace, I receive your love

Lavished your grace upon me
Chose me in your love
Adopted as your child
To live a life that’s worthy
For you’re my Lord, and you are my King

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home